Rita Coll’s paintings are represented in several private collections in Puerto Rico, Florida, New York, California and Beijing, China
- “For the Love of Latin Art Comes Arte Americas” Miami Herald, March 23, 2011. Page H-3 Visual Arts Section. Miami, Fl Rita Coll’s “Splendid Coral Fans” illustrated in cover page
- “Rita Coll’s Splendid Coral Fans” ArtDistricts Florida, February to March 2011 Edition. Page 55
- “CIRCA, Puerto Rico Art Fair” El Nuevo Dia, January 28, 2010. San Juan, P.R.
- “Figuration vs. Abstraction” The Islander News, November 25, 2009. Page 14. Key Biscayne, Fl.
- “Art and Nature Workshop Coming up at Key Biscayne Library”, Interactive exhibit The Islander News, October 29, 2009. Key Biscayne, Fl.
- “Rita Coll’s Art Embraces Colorful Images of her Homeland” Islander News, September 1, 2005. Key Biscayne, Fl.
- “Metal y Piedras-Joyeria de Rita Coll” El Nuevo Herald –Galeria , Noviembre 29, 1989. San Juan P.R.
- “Ïntroducing Rita Coll’s Jewelry- Art to Wear represented by Fragments” Women’s Wear Daily, Fall Issue, 1988. New York, N.Y.
- “Presentando a Rita Coll Art-to-Wear en Reinhold Jewelers” El Nuevo Dia-Por Dentro-Galeria, Marzo 12, 1988, San Juan, P.R.
- “Obras con Vida y con Pasado” El Nuevo Dia-Galeria-Joyeria, Marzo 8, 1988. San Juan, P.R. Rita Coll’s jewelry pieces illustrated.
- “Ediciones Limitadas de Joyeria por Rita Coll” Revista Imagen-Puerto Rico Hoy, Febrero 15, 1987. San Juan, P.R.
Rita Coll’s jewelry pieces illustrated.
Rita Coll as born in San Juan, Puerto Rico. She lives and creates art in Miami, and Naples Florida. She works in series that concentrate in the different geo-graphical sites where she has had personal living experiences. Thus her work is also in a way an invigorating autobiographical account. Her most recent interest though has extended to celestial bodies and phenomena. She has also immersed herself into the study of crystals and semiprecious rocks and its holistic properties resulting in a series of interactive installations titled Krystallos.
Working in a borderline between expressionist abstraction and realism, Rita Coll reinterprets her memories of existing or imaginary places. Her mysterious renderings of landscapes and waterscapes entice the beholder to discover myriad of details that are revealed when exploring her paintings. Through infinite layers of pigments autumn landscapes, evocative Caribbean oceans, wild rivers, rain forests and now planets and wormholes are exposed in bold brushworks. Her profound love for all natural things takes her to even use natural pigments and solvents as tools for her trade. She sees her work as archival, the visual documentation of Nature before its eventual destruction by human intervention.
Viewing Rita Coll’s paintings and installations means entering into a never-ending exciting adventure of discovery. - Marta Gutierrez Curator
- University of Puerto Rico, San Juan, PR. B.A. in Education and Fine Arts.
- Instituto Valencia d’Arte, Valencia, Spain.
- Jewelry Art Institute, New York, N.Y. Degree in Design and Technique
One-Person Shows and Group Shows
2016 - Artisti Gallery ACQUA Solo Exhibition, Key Biscayne, Florida
2015 - Artisti Gallery, Seeds Group Exhibition - Salute to Art Basel, Key Biscayne, Florida Artisti Gallery, A Sensory Experience Retrospective Exhibit, Key Biscayne, Florida Nova Southeastern University Alvin Sherman Library, Miami, Florida
2011 - ARTE AMERICAS, Miami Beach, Florida / MIA ART FAIR, Miami Beach, Florida / ART PALM BEACH, West Palm Beach, Florida / CREMATA GALLERY, Solo Exhibition, Miami, Florida.
2010 - ART BEIJING, Beijing, China / OBRA GALLERY, San Juan, Puerto Rico / CIRCA ART FAIR, San Juan, Puerto Rico / GUTIERREZ FINE ARTS. “Figuration vs. Abstraction” November 2009- December 2010
2009 - KEY BISCAYNE PUBLIC LIBRARY, Solo Exhibition, Key Biscayne, Florida / ZEN VILLAGE, Solo Exhibition, Coconut Grove, Florida.
2006 - LOWE ART MUSEUM, Annual Beaux Art Festival. Coral Gables, Florida
2005 - PUERTO RICO FILM FESTIVAL, Solo Exhibition, Tower Theater, Miami. Florida / FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL MASTERS ART SHOW, Miami, Florida
2004 - GALLERY VINCENT. “Nautically Yours”. Coconut Grove, Florida
1992-2004 - Designed and exhibited Hand-Made Art To Wear.